What an absolute stinker of a day! Reilly’s behavior today has been just short of horrendous. Up at 6am which was a bonus as we were allowed to play tents for an hour before actually having to come downstairs.
The only peace today was when Reilly was eating an ice-cream, rest of the time he was like an angry whirlwind.
Today he doesn’t want to be anyone’s friend.
- He has hit Ellis numerous times for coughing.
- pulled my hair for offering help with Finn McMissile.
- Thrown my candles and hurricane jars off the shelves.
- pulled a drainer full of dishes onto our waiting to be tiled kitchen floor which all smashed to smithereens and then proceeded to try and stand on the remains.
- Flooded the bathroom floor as stupid me didn’t turn the stopcock off when the washer finished.
- Had a meltdown for 45 minutes because he couldn’t get the shed door open.
- Pulled over my recycling bin in protest, scattering bottles everywhere (I don’t drink by the way but that could change very soon) and sat on the top like the Lion King.
- Took huge offence at me applying factor 50 plus suncream and covered himself in washing up liquid instead.
- My dad took pity and ushered me and Shane out for something to eat while Reilly had a snooze but then HAD to phone for us to come back as he had the audacity to try and put on a giraffe instead of a lion. (If that means nothing read back on the lion and the giraffe post).
- He was still crying when we got home to which Shane bundled him in the car with his bucket and spade to the beach. and breathe.
Shane asked do you want to come with us? Hang on I’ll just think about that for 0.025 seconds. NO, no I don’t, drive away quickly and come back when all is calm (preferably 10.30pm and ready for bed 🙂 ). I have said FFS far too many times today and not even under my breath and I’m no Sweary Mary.
Does that make me a bad mother? Does it hell. It’s ok to say your kids get right on your wick sometimes. I get on his too.
In fact today everyone gets on my wick so here’s to a nicer tomorrow.
Just one of those days.