Never again, well not for a while.
I’ll be frank it was way more difficult than I imagined. First couple of days were great but 11 nights was too long for the Reillster, there’s not a hope in hells chance that I’ll be taking him abroad in the near future. Exhaustion is on another level!
Not sure that Shane and I have had 1 meal together if you don’t count the Burger King at the airport on the way out. We’ve both felt the pressure this last couple of weeks. If we’d spent 1 more night I fear that the simmering frustration may have erupted like mount vesuvious. On the good side my dining partner was Ellis for every meal.

Explaining to Reilly that the Panda Club isn’t on and the doors are locked was a mission on its own. Hours of flailing about star fishing and screaming in 30 degree heat is a test for most parents. A trip to the beach was great for 10 minutes then the rest of the time was spent chasing Reilly away from the lifeguards ladders. I knew those surf shorts I bought for myself would come in handy, no one deserves to see that, there’s no filter strong enough to make that photo look ok 😂

Meal times in the restaurant for Reilly consisted of someone standing guard at the rolling toaster machine, which was incredibly hot while Reilly tried to toast anything he could get his hands on.

said toastie machine

Evenings were spent shielding the pool table, we’ve probably spent 20 euro just refunding people their ruined games much to Ellis’s dismay.

Ellis now hates the sun and doesn’t want to go away again. He also got very embarrassed that when Reilly did try and join in at the disco he didn’t know the moves and just did the aeroplane around the dance floor. One night we came out from dinner to find Reilly in the middle of a 20 strong circle singing brown girl in the ring! I cried tears of joy, Ellis cried tears of mortification.

Reilly has pulled suitcases back and forth to the door for 3 days, very clearly communicating the fact that he wanted to go home which was upsetting. Reilly being unwell will have played a part I’m sure.
Airport coming home was horrendous, he wouldn’t stand, sit, be carried etc for a good hour and we certainly had our fair of haters but to be honest I really didn’t give a shit. Reilly was over the moon to be on the plane eventually and promptly fell asleep due to the medicine we’d slipped him in the airport. He slept for 2 hours on our flight home.

So what I have learned is that I’m a good guard. Balcony, door, toaster, iron, lifeguard station, lift door, peoples flip flops from landing in the pool, the pool table, the sound desk at the evening entertainment. Joking aside I have enjoyed our holiday but by god it was hard work.

Can’t wait to get back to our normal chaotic life. He did so well but to be honest it’s just not worth it. Centreparcs better watch out!